Welcome to Mercy Equip
We seek to provide practical training for gospel living. As you grow in your faith and walk with Jesus, we want to equip you for every good work and help you to live out the gospel in everyday life. Below you will find a list of current and upcoming classes and forums, as well as articles that we help you navigate and consider important topics. If you have any questions regarding any of the content of this page, please email email@example.com.
Classes & Forums
beyond the color barrier | June 1
We’re sorry, this class is full. please join us for our next equip training!
In our current climate, there is extreme hostility surrounding matters of race, culture, and ethnicity. Many misunderstandings and conflicts arise because of this. Because of these issues, we need to distinguish healthy practices of engagement and conversation about racism and culture within the church. Join us for a four-week class to discuss and work through these issues together.
- For individuals to discover, embrace, and celebrate racial and ethnic diversity.
- For individuals to see the biblical and theological necessity of diversity and how it reflects the image of God.
- To develop a common language around the issues involving race, culture, and ethnicity so that individuals can comprehend and synthesize in meaningul dialogue inside and outside the church.
- To help individuals cultivate and demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills for cross-cultural unity.
- For individuals to understand the narratives that play in a misunderstanding that leads to disparity and hostility and for them to discover their personal biases.
This class will consist of four main parts: pre-teaching, teaching, learning communities, and homework.
- Pre-teaching will involve watching a number of videos before the teaching time.
- Interactive Discussion will deepen the understanding of each week’s topic and will take place at our Providence Road campus.
- Learning Communities will provide participants with opportunities to discuss and reflect on each week’s discussion and homework.
- Homework will consist of a few exercises for personal reflection to be completed between teaching times and discussed within learning communities.
When: June 1st through June 30th, Monday nights at 7:30 pm
Where: Virtually at 7:30 pm
This class is currently at maximum capacity. Thank you for your interest! We hope you will join us for an equip training in the future!
The cost for the class is $15 which covers the book and materials. There are 25 spots. If you have any questions or if you cannot afford this class and would like to apply for a scholarship, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Sign ups will close on May 29.
women’s Bible StudY | september 2020
Written to a new church plant in the early days of its ministry, Paul’s letter to the Colossians serves as a poignant primer on the Christian faith for believers of all ages. In fact, few biblical texts paint a more stunning picture of Christ than Colossians. For Paul, everything begins and ends with Jesus!
To know Christ is to know the fullness of God Himself and to somehow be filled with that same fullness (Col. 2:9-10). To a modern-day world that seeks fulfillment everywhere else and comes up sorely lacking, Colossians is a divinely inspired call to walk in spiritual maturity (Col. 2:6-7). Fulfillment is found in Christ alone because it is in Christ alone that we are filled! Join us for a 9-week bible study, where we will seek to know God in all His fullness as we seek Him together on the pages of Scripture.
- To increase personal knowledge and experience of God in all his “fullness” (Col. 1:9-10, 19, 2:9-10)
- To see and perceive Christ Jesus as He is revealed in Colossians and the Bible as a whole (Col. 1:15-20)
- To walk in greater spiritual maturity, as you discover how to remain “rooted and built up” in Christ Jesus (Col. 2:6-7)
- To abound in thanksgiving (Col. 2:7, 3:17)
- To become more proficient in biblical literacy and understanding (Col. 3:16a)
- To bear fruit in the gospel and in every good work (Col. 1:6, 10)
- To continue steadfastly in prayer (Col. 4:2)
This class will consist of three main parts: homework, group discussion, and teaching.
- Homework will include assigned readings and questions from Colossians.
- Group Discussion will deepen the understanding of each week’s reading and will take place at our Providence Road campus.
- Teaching will walk through each week’s reading to solidify understanding.
When: This class offers two weekday options to accommodate various schedules. You can sign up to attend the Tuesday morning sessions or the Thursday night sessions. The same content will be covered in both sessions for the week.
- September 22 to November 17 | Tuesdays from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- September 24 to November 19 | Thursdays from 7 pm to 9 pm
Where: Providence Road campus
Click here to sign up. The cost for the class is $15 which covers the materials. There are 35 spots in each weekday’s session. If you have any questions or if you cannot afford this class and would like to apply for a scholarship, please feel free to email email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Sign-ups will close on September 1.
God & Politics | October 10
This Equip Forum will provide a healthy discussion regarding the upcoming election with a special guest. We will provide a biblical perspective of weighing and participating in political systems. In doing so, we will address the challenges we face during election season, as well as offer insight into God’s concern for unity among his followers. Our speaker will lecture on how following Jesus impacts the way we interact with and participate in our nation’s political system. There will be two main lectures and a concluding Q&A session with a team of our members.
Sign up and more details coming soon!
Pastor Rashard wrote this article for Juneteenth 2019. To provide some background around this day, we wanted to repost it this year for anyone who may not have had a chance to read it before. The links have been updated. If you'd like to hear more from Pastor Rashard,...
Previous Equip Forums
How to Share the Gospel | Pastor Scott
how to share the gospel
Well, it’s now been about two weeks since our first Equip Forum and I’ve been so encouraged to hear from many of you as to how God has already been using our time together to grow you as a faithful and bold disciple, an evangelist. In fact, one of our members who attended the forum got the opportunity to lead someone to Christ at work the next day! Praise God! I’m convinced that as we continue to share and continue to plead with others to surrender their lives to Christ, we will see God save many more. Especially for those of you who weren’t able to attend this Equip Forum, I’d like to share some helpful resources with you here…