Current Coronavirus Policies
In accordance with the current mandate from the City of Charlotte – and with love and service to others at the forefront of implementation – we are making the following updates to our safety policies and protocols beginning August 18:
- For the next 30 days, we will return to masks required for all those in attendance at inside gatherings of Mercy Church regardless of your vaccination status.
- There will be no advance registration requirement (RSVP) for adults attending the worship gatherings; advance registration will still be required for MercyKids (RSVP here).
- We will offer spaces where socially distanced seating is available, but to accommodate the current sizes of our worship gatherings, we will not require, nor can we guarantee socially distancing accommodations everywhere in our facility.
- Mercy events taking place inside our facilities will require masks to be worn. For offsite Mercy events (such as Men’s Bible Study or Community Groups) we highly encourage the wearing of masks as well.
- We are asking that everyone continue to work together to love one another, to slow the spread of this highly contagious variant, and to submit to our governing authorities.
What if I forget my mask?
- We will have extra masks if you show up for a worship gathering and have forgotten yours. You can find them in the lobby when you first enter the building.
Can I wear alternatives types of masks such as a bandana or plastic face shield?
- Masks should completely cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly against the sides of the face without gaps.
How long will masks be required?
- We will adhere to these guidelines for the next 30 days. When we are nearing the end of that time period our pastors and executive leadership will reassess and we will update this page accordingly as well as send an update to our members and newsletter recipients.