Over the last several weeks, we have covered most of the major relationships in our lives. We have been so encouraged by how many of you have responded by taking steps to understand how the gospel restores and empowers our relationships, and to practice that in your daily lives!
Below are several resources referenced in sermons that you can use to dive deeper into how the gospel restores and empowers our relationships. Of course, this is by no means an exhaustive list of the many great resources available on these topics, but we hope they encourage and equip you further.
- John Wesley’s Holy Club Accountability Questions (Article)
- Friending Sermon Series, Craig Groeschel (Sermon Series)
- Single in Christ – A Better Name than Sons and Daughters by John Piper (Article)
- Redeeming Singleness: How the Storyline of Scripture Affirms the Single Life by Barry Danylak
- Singled Out for Good by Paige Benton Brown (Article)
- Strength to Love by Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oneness Embraced: Reconciliation, the Kingdom, and How We are Stronger Together by Tony Evans
- Loveology: God. Love. Marriage. Sex. And the Never-Ending Story of Male and Female. by John Mark Comer
- Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari (While we don’t endorse his views, this is incredibly telling and helpful research on modern culture).
- The Laws of Attraction by J.D. Greear, Exposed Series (Sermon)
- The Book of Romance: What Solomon Says about Love, Sex and Intimacy by Tommy Nelson
- Wait to Date Until You Can Marry – Marshall Siegel (Article)
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family by Paul David Tripp
- Ready to Launch by J.D. and Veronica Greear (Group Study)
- The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones
- Raising a Modern Day Knight by Robert Lewis
Especially for moms, we also have a few personal favorite recommendations from Courtney Shelton:
- A Mother’s Heart by Jean Fleming
- Don’t Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Hubbard
- Wise Words for Moms by Ginger Hubbard
- Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches by Rachel Jankovic
- Christ in the Chaos: How the Gospel Changes Motherhood by Kim Crandall
- Out of the Spin Cycle: Devotions to Lighten Your Mother Load by Jen Hatmaker